Furious Stylez - The 30 Traits Of A Solid DJ.
* Owns tried and tested, industry standard commercial grade equipment.
* Has at least one assistant, paid an average of $75 per event.
* Is willing to meet in person for you to interview prior to booking.
* Knows the technology he/she owns and is able to troubleshoot failures.
* Shows up well in advance of all other vendors to properly setup and do a sound check if required.
* Is undeterred by disruptive guests, obstacles or unforseen issues.
* Has the talent to host an event properly and appropriately.
* Is able to represent his clients and their families with dignity.
* Knows the value of preparation, especially when it comes to music programming.
* Does not play music from unreliable sources on the internet.
* Conceals wires and eye-sores so as not to be seen in photos.
* Does not consume alchohol or smoke while on the job.
* Is well Composed, appropriately Groomed and Dignified in his attire.
* Speaks warmly and naturally and is never ostentatious or theatrical.
* Is sensitive to the need of proper volume, tone and clarity.
* Is able to multi-task under pressure as a DJ, MC and Coordinator.
* Knows how to make segments flow and feel natural to guests.
* Can create a smooth mixes using timely, fittied, unforced transitions.
* Discerns how critical Energy and Variety are to a Dance Floor.
* Knows when to simply do nothing and let the moment breathe.
* Deserves to be paid adequatly so that he/she can provide for their family.
* Cannot run an honest business and charge less than $1000.00.
* Offers only those services they are truly experienced with.
* NEVER misrepresents himself by sending a Subcontractor.
* Is invested in the Development and Outcome of each reception.
* Deserves a modest Gratuity for fullfilling your expectations.
* Carries Insurance for when meeting expextations are impossible.
* Has suitable transportation and or a reliable back-up plan.
* Never cuts corners or otherwise compromises his/her standards.
* Leaves everyone wanting more even after he/she has gone home.